Should closure of the school be necessary in the event of bad weather or any other emergency with the building or grounds, the following contingency plans will be followed to ensure the health and safety of our staff, pupils and parents
- A decision will be made by site staff and senior management as early as possible as to whether the school will close
- A communication will be sent to all of our parents via Parentmail PMX (please make sure your details are up to date) - in cases of nationwide bad weather e.g. large snowfall overnight, emails can often take some time to come through.
- In this case please visit the school website which will have been updated with the message on the Home Page
- You can also click here to check if the school is closed (Essex County Council Website)
- If it is assessed that it is safe to open, gritting will take place on the main paths and entrances to the school - please ensure you follow these cleared paths for your own safety.
- An assessment will be made as to whether it is safe to open the back gate and if not, then we would ask for all parents to enter the school at the front (Vaughan Williams Way entrance)
- The school will endeavour to make a decision about school closures for the next day as soon as possible taking on any weather forecasts or local information.